10950 Katy Fwy
Houston, TX 77043
If you have a desire to release God’s creativity in you through art, then join this brand new Encourager Group. This class is for all painting skills levels, ages 15 and up, and registration is only $20. You’ll enjoy a fun, creative, and encouraging environment all while painting with oils or acrylics. You’ll enjoy a fun, creative, and encouraging environment all while painting with oils or acrylics.
This class meets weekly on Fridays from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. in Room O upstairs near the Youth Room. Please bring your own painting supplies, easels are provided.
First time? Register Here
Suggested Supply List
- 10 pc. Set of Paints – (Master’s touch brand available @ Hobby Lobby contains; ultramarine blue, white*, ivory black, sap green, yellow ochre, lemon yellow, burnt umber, burnt sienna, crimson, permanent red)
- *Large tube of white (you will use more white than other colors)
- 10 pc. Set of Paints – (Master’s touch brand available @ Hobby Lobby contains; Titanium White*, Yellow Medium, Permanent Red, Phthalo Blue, Grass Green, Burnt Umber, Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, Yellow Ochre, Permanent Black.
- * Large tube of white (you will use more white than other colors)
- 5-7 various kind and size – (suggested; wash, liner, filbert, angular, detailer, shader)
Michael’s and Hobby Lobby have various sizes in multiple packs. These are on sale regularly.
- Pallet Paper
- Liquin original medium for oil (artist using oils)
- Acrylic Medium (Matte or Glossy) (artist using acrylic)
- Linseed oil or walnut oil (artist using oils)
- Paint thinner (odorless or low-odor) (artist using oils)
- Roll of paper towel
- Smock or shirt to protect clothing
- Rags (artist using oils)
- Palette knife (for mixing paint colors)